Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Tree

Madi and I were talking tonight and she had the best analogy about life.  I have to share it because for a 15 year old to say this was simply astonishing to me.  She said "Humans are like trees.  We start out small and simple.  Sometimes we get used and carved on by others.  We are scarred.  The scar get healed, but we don't sometimes.  We need to know that we will always have the scar, but it shouldn't stop us from growing.  Move on in life, the scar will be there, you just don't have to let it stop you."  It's so true.  We all have wounds that fester from others who were in our lives before.  I know I did.  Until I hit the moment where I just didn't want to dwell on the wound.  It has healed, but it did take time.  Time for myself and time realizing that what I wanted out of life was not what I was letting myself have.  I say letting myself have because we can be our own worst enemies at times.  I had moments of weakness and just wanted to give up on life.  It would have been so much easier to do so at that moment.  I was completely depressed, life was not happy for me.  I had lost something that was a critical part and I didn't know what to do.  I was the wounded tree.  I stopped growing and just wanted to fade away.  I finally realized that only I could get myself out of the depression.  I went to the Dr. and got anti-depressants because I knew that was the only way for me to make it through.  The scars began to get healed over.  I realized the things that were most important to me had been neglected and I made a conscious effort to change.  To change my behavior, my attitude and myself into the person I wanted to be.  I am still working on all the finer details and I still carry my scars, have let them heal and know I will never let them stop me.  Move on in life.  As I have stated before, I am grateful to have the most amazing daughter ever!  She is such a blessing in my life.




No comments: