Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Trust

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thy own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths."  Proverbs 3:5-6  Trust has been on my mind recently.  I am not one to easily trust others.  I admit my past experiences with people plays a role in this.  Especially when it comes to men.  Being so hurt by my ex has left a few scars on my heart and I guard it with every ounce of my being so I will not have it happen again.  Yes, I know that relationships are all different but until someone can prove to me that they want to capture my heart, it will remain guarded.  What does this have to do with the scripture mentioned above, trust.  Trust is earned, not something that is given freely.  In order to trust, we must believe and hope for something better.   The Lord has a better understanding of what is to come.  He has a plan. I trust in him for I am a Daughter of God and he wants what is best for me.  I am grateful that he is there for me when I need him and I can put my trust in him.  

No comments: