The hike had the same switchbacks, wiggles, chains and drops but it was easier. Having been there before I was more prepared as what to expect. Not that I remembered everything but enough to know where to go and how hard it was for me the first time.
I keep thinking of the song "Landslide", "climb a mountain and turn around,...can I handle the seasons of my life". I liken climbing the literal mountain to a figurative one. "I've been afraid of changing because I built my life around you".
I'm completely afraid of changing. Change is hard. It's not what I want but it's what The Lord gives to me so I can become stronger and more prepared to climb the mountains that he puts in my path.
Being prepared does not mean you are completely ready for everything that can or will happen. It means your prepared enought to endure and see that there is a tiny light in the darkness. Through God nothing is impossible, but you must reach and take his hand. He is there for you, he is preparing you to be better, not bitter. He loves you and will help you. You must ask. Prepare yourself as best as you can and let The Lord help and guide you.
The mountain will be there. Just prepare as best as you can to climb it and it will be easier. Like I said. It wasn't easy, I was more prepared.

No comments:
Post a Comment