Madi and I went hiking today. We met up with some of her friends and decided to hike Icebox Canyon and Red Rock. I know why it's called Icebox, my hands were red and frozen by the time we got done. Madi and I went up the canyon while her friends made it half way. I never would have thought three years ago that I would be able to go that far on a hike. (I wish I had turned on the app for keeping track of the milage. Oh well.) I was about 40 lbs. more then I am now...
Troy and Madi were much smaller then too. They are so cute! Anyway, today Madi and I were able to go farther then the kids we were with and for me that is a feat. I have exercise induced asthma that was finally diagnosed three years ago. It means that I can't breathe when I exercise and tend to have pain in my chest when I don't use an inhaler. At least I know and can do something about it. Not like I have totally let that stop me but it was part of it. The other part was that my drive had been stalled. I also have hypothyroid and it causes havoc to me. I don't need to write all the crap that happened that would take way to long. Look up the symptoms if you want to see. That's what google is for. I just am amazed at the things that I can do and will force myself to do now.
Don't get me wrong, I still have far to go, I just know I can do it.







No comments:
Post a Comment