Friday, August 9, 2013

Doors

Sometimes I wonder why, when I walk through automatic doors, most of the time they don't open for me. Am I invisible?  No, pinched myself and took a good look in the mirror.  Still here.  Am I too short to reach the sensor?  Well, if 5'7 is short then I must have seen a flying pig in my life.  No, definitely not too short.  Why do those darn doors not open?  Yes, I have run smack into them more then once.  It then proceeds to slowly open, your face stuck to the glass does tend to slow down the sliding mechanism.  It doesn't do your face any favors either.  Leaves red marks, bruises  and sometimes dirt spots.  At least screen doors are not automatic, running into those is your own fault.  Why then will they not open for me?  Oh, I do tend to walk extremely fast like a moose is chasing me.  Could that be it?  Or it might be because I am trying not to forget what I need to buy at the store.  It might also be because some stores are NOT my favorites and I try to run in and out of them as fast as my legs can go.  If you ever see me in any of these stores do not be offended if I do not say "Hello" to you.  I never seem to pay much attention to see if I know anyone in stores.  I just notice the automatic doors that refuse to open for me.  Automatic doors have a vendetta against some of us, namely me.  That's why I use my arms and open the doors with the handles on the other side of the automatic doors.  HA!  You will not beat me, today anyway.  Besides it's kind of funny when it happens at most of the stores I tend to go to.  Over and over and over....some of us are just smashing, I mean special.  Time to go "hit" Walmart!

No comments: