Saturday, August 9, 2014

Long time coming...

Wow!  It has been to long since I have blogged.  Seems like time has just slipped away, which it has.  This has been a super crazy summer for us gals.  We have been on a roller coaster ride of ups and downs.
  Madi's beloved hamster Hammy died in May. :(
  Madi got out of school in June and I started my new job as Office Administrator at Rimini Street.  I flew out to Pleasanton, California to meet the people that I work with and to be trained on a few key points that I would need for the job.  It was a good month in the sense that I started an amazing job but also a bad month.  The 15th of June, which happened to be a Sunday, Father's Day (my dad passed almost 16 years ago) and would have been an anniversary if I was still married, was not so great.  I cried all of sacrament meeting and was told by my primary kids: "You look tired".  I told them I was. That made me think that I am so blessed by the Lord to be able to know that I will see my Father again someday and that I have grown so much spiritually and personally being without my ex that I have come out stronger and am grateful for those challenges I have faced.
  Fourth of July was spent at my Aunt's for me and home with friends for Madi.  Our little doggie J.R. wasn't able to use his right hind leg for months because, we thought, degenerative knee.  It turned out to be something worse.  He had broken the leg in three spots and a mass was where the knee used to be, we made the choice to put him to sleep.  We were so lucky to have such a wonderful dog for the 9 years we had him.  He will always be missed.  During that time the washing machine decided it was time that I get a new one and I go to my car one morning to go to work and the battery refused to start the car.  My sister's came up the weekend that the dog passed for a sisters weekend.  Needless to say my mood was somewhat grumpy, not because of my sisters, just because of the happenings.  I love my sisters and am glad they were able to come up and spend time with me and Madi.
  Someone said that bad things comes in threes, I say that life is unpredictable and that bad things just happen.  We need to go through the bad to realize the good.  If only good things happened to me I think I would be jaded.  I need to have the bad to understand how wonderful the good really is.
  August was another hike for me, this time to the Narrow's in Zion's.  It was a great trip except I realize how much of a city girl I am.  We stayed in a "cabin" (I put quotes because for me it was more of a hobbit hole) the night before the hike outside of Alton, Utah.  The cabin had electricity, three tiny bedrooms, a shower, toilet and sink indoors but also dead mice stinking up the place, tons of bugs and smells that were just not appealing. I think that I am way to city, or just I would have rather been in a tent closer to Zion's then in the middle of nowhere where an axe murder could take down the lot and no one would know….yes, my mind is warped at times.  Oddest thing was there was mining going on all night and you could hear the trucks.  Like I said not for me again.  There is something called bug spray and cats!  On the other hand the hike was fantastic.  Water, waterfall, mud and rocks.  I liked that hike and it was the perfect weather.
  The month of August has just begun!

No comments: