Friday, November 15, 2013

Passive-Aggressive

I was having a discussion recently with my co-workers.  One had stumbled across a great website called passive aggressive notes.  Here is an example of one that was posted.


In the discussion a co-worker turned to me and said nothing about you is passive-aggressive.  
Passive-aggressive behavior is the indirect expression of hostility, such as through procrastination, hostile jokes, stubbornness, resentment, sullenness, or deliberate/repeated failure to accomplish requested tasks for which one is (often explicitly) responsible.  She was correct, nothing about me is passive-aggressive.  I don't put up with crap, I tend to call out b.s. in a round about way.  I loathe procrastination, better to do things then wait because you have to do it anyway.  Mean jokes are just that mean and there is no room for them in my life.  I can be stubborn about my beliefs but I don't push them on anyone, it's about respect, not about everyone thinking like I do.  Besides it would be boring to have same place, same thoughts mentality in life I enjoy the differences in people and the fact that our opinions do not line up at times.  Resentment is not in my vocabulary, I tend to open mouth insert foot constantly that why would I resent when someone else does.  I just ask to clarify if I had heard it right because ears play trick on us.  Sullenness not really, I like to change conversations by dropping "bombs" to either get a point across or have people stop getting angry at each other, some call that a 'peacemaker" I call it "bomb dropping" (which defeats the peacemaker word).  Failure is not an option, if I say I will do something I will do it even if I fail I will get right back up and get it done.  I do not set myself up for failure.  Sometimes failures happen but you get up and try, try, try again.  So bottom line is whatever the opposite of passive-aggressive is that's me.  Right to the point, can't lie, listen to people when talking and appreciate when it is reciprocated, will ask questions with a pure intent, loathe gossip, drop bombs to see people's reactions at times also.  I do enjoy a good argument and love to look up information that I didn't know.  I don't think I'm right, all the time, even most of the time, just some of the time.  I wouldn't even put a note on the candy, I'd put it out and enjoy the fact everyone else gets to have the calories and I can share the joy of giving.  Oh, I totally share too.     
    

No comments: